employees.org Account Creation Form
Use this form to request an account on the employees.org system.
This requires that you already have an existing account at
employees.org, or be an employee of a covered company (right now, only
Cisco Systems is covered). Please be careful to read all instructions,
and make sure you understand what you're agreeing to. You must read
the employees.org Operating Policies before
applying for an account.
Overview of terms of service
This is not the entire Terms of Service. Please go read the entire Operating Policies now.
- employees.org is a volunteer-supported resource. We have no
service level agreement with the users. The machine may become
unavailable at any time for any length of time. Requests for
assistance will be addressed when possible given the admins'
- You are generally expected to take care of yourself. There is a
help alias (
firstname.lastname@example.org ), but it is staffed by volunteers with
varying available free time. Before contacting the help list, it
is expected that you have already consulted the employees.org
FAQ, online documentation, man pages, and
other readily available sources of information.
- If you need a higher level of support, you should seriously
consider other providers. There are a large number of groups on
the internet who will provide free email and web space and who
provide a higher level of support. Most of the advantages of
employees.org are only useful to advanced users who are familiar
with Unix systems.
- You are expected to read the email sent to all of your accounts,
particularly email that copies email@example.com. If you do
not read emails from the admins, we will lock your account and
see if you respond. If you still do not respond, we will
determine that the account is inactive and delete it.
- There is no backup of data on employees.org. You are responsible
for backing up your own data.
- User space is restricted to 250M per sponsor (not per account).
Remember this when sponsoring new accounts.
- You may create accounts for family members, and you may have
multiple accounts for yourself. Sponsorship groups "sink or
swim" together. If one account in a sponsorship group abuses the
system, the entire group may be deleted. Remember this when
sponsoring new accounts.
- If you forget your password, you will need to use the resetpw
facility found at
In order to have your account deleted, mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No work-related information belongs on employees.org. Placing
confidential information regarding your employeer on
employees.org may lead to your employeer terminating you. Lest
there be any confusion about this: Do not put
Cisco-related information on this machine. We will report you to
corporate security. This machine is not part of
Cisco. This policy includes links to internal web pages, as they
will generally get indexed by web search engines.
- Commerical content is forbidden. This includes any financial
transactions, including not-for-profit donations.